Our brands BMW, MINI, Rolls-Royce and BMW Motorrad have made us one of the world's leading premium manufacturer of cars and motorcycles as well as provider of premium financial and mobility services. Our team consists of around 126,000 creative minds worldwide, all of whom have one thing in common: passion! To continue our pioneering mission, we are always on the lookout for visionaries and lateral thinkers who want to share their passion with us and tackle the technological challenges of our times.
Our IT-Software Development team in Ulm is currently seeking a
Software Functional Safety Expert (f/m/x)
At BMW Car IT, a wholly owned subsidiary of BMW AG, we live and breathe software. We design and implement embedded software for the electronic control units of the BMW cars as well as related tools and frameworks.
As part of the development of electronic control units (ECU), you are responsible for the implementation and further development of dependability concepts with a focus on functional safety and/or availability.
What awaits you?
- You implement dependability concepts in software architecture and ECU specifications and supplement them with specific requirements of the development domain.
- You are responsible for these architectures and specifications in series development towards internal software development teams and suppliers.
- You define acceptance criteria for software and vehicle integration, support the project management with planning, you carry out software reviews and analyze faulty architectural implementation in the current system.
- The architectures for dependability mechanisms and their integration into various operating systems such as Linux, QNX and AUTOSAR is part of your responsibility.
- The representation of them to hardware/ software system architecture and to relevant committees belongs to your duties.
- The architectural development which takes place in close coordination with the affected development teams and the E/E architecture offices, completes your job profile.
What should you bring along?
- University degree in electrical engineering, computer science or a comparable qualification.
- Experience in the development of safety or cybersecurity relevant systems according to ISO26262 or ISO/SAE21434.
- Good programming skills in at least one programming language and knowledge of formal methods for specification and static code analysis.
- In-depth professional experience in the field of embedded ECUs system architecture with power and automotive controllers as well as in modern ARM-based SoC architectures.
- Experience in embedded software development as well as in the field of hardware and software architecture of Software systems in serial use under Linux and Android and AUTOSAR.
- Experience with UML and Case Tool based modeling.
- Business-fluent skills in German and English.
Are you courageous and motivated to contribute your own ideas and to take new (technological) paths? Apply now!
What do we offer?
- 30 days of holiday.
- Attractive remuneration.
- BMW & MINI promotions.
- Career development.
- Flexible organisation of working times.
- High Work-Life Balance.
- Mobility offers.
Earliest starting date: from now on
Type of employment: unlimited
Working hours: Full-time
BMW Group Recruiting Team
+49 89 382-17001